Thursday 31 January 2013

Welcome!

Hey everyone, and welcome to my blog!

In this blog I intend to post a variety of things, but mainly the following: fishing, pens, and computers, with computers consisting of tech and games.

As you may have gathered from the above, I have rather odd and varied interests, but hopefully you'll find something that piques your interest. I'm also totally new to the whole blogging thing, so I hope if any of you read these first few posts that you can bear with me until I get into the swing of things and hopefully this will make for vaguely interesting reading!

I suppose I'd better tell you all a little about myself - I'm a 17 year old from Kent, England, currently in my second year of A-levels, hoping to go to university and study history after a gap year (for which I have very few plans - guess I should start soon eh?). I have 2 cats of which I'll post some pictures at some point. 

Now on to something related to the topics I promised I'd talk about earlier - pens! Yesterday I got a nice package from Cult Pens, which contained a Lamy Vista Fine nib fountain pen, a Lamy Z26 converter for said pen, an 80 ml bottle of Diamine Majestic Purple, and finally an orange Rhodia Webnotebook in A4 size. I hadn't noticed that they were offering a free Pilot V5 refillable rollerball, so I was happy to see it when I opened the box. I think it's quite a nice concept as a pen, but not sure if I'd buy them as I normally use the Mitsubishi Uniball rollerballs if I have to use a rollerball. The Vista writes really nicely, and when compared to the Medium nib on my Limited edition Lime Green Safari, it's quite a lot thinner - more so than I'd expected! The Rhodia paper is superb, there is simply no other way to describe it. It feels like a revelation to write on when compared to the Pukka Pads I normally use for everyday school work, and I will certainly be writing in it every day as my journal.

I'm going to say goodbye for now, but if you get a few minutes spare, check out my friend's fishing vlog here.

Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment